One of the main advantages of being a student is the ability to pick up and go places at a moment’s notice (after finals, of course). You don’t have a family, a house, or regular bills you have to worry about paying. So when your friends all invite you on a cross-country road trip, or one of your other friends invites you to Rome, you can go, worry-free.
Hampel Road Storage in Moscow Mills offers student storage that is secure and climate-controlled so you’ll have a great place to store your belongings until school starts again. Below, we’ll offer up tips for student storage. Contact us today!
STUDENT STORAGE TIPS FOR SELF-STORAGE
- Invest in see-through, plastic storage containers. Not only do plastic containers offer you the greatest flexibility (literally) in storage since they are malleable and easily stackable, but they also offer you the ability to see into the box’s contents without opening them, which can be life-saving when you’re looking for that one item you desperately need. You won’t have to open every box and disorganize your storage unit in order to do so.
- Invest in shelving near the front of your storage unit for easy access. Before you go adventuring, you may need to periodically add to or take away from your self-storage unit. When you have items that you may need placed on shelves near the front, you’ll eliminate the climbing over boxes and the frantic search for your passport right before you leave frenzy. Staying organized is the key for self-storage units.
- Sell what you don’t need. When you’re traveling as a student, you don’t need a lot of money to get around. However, excess money for souvenirs and cultural opportunities that arise is nice to have. After you’ve chosen the best storage company in Moscow Mills, Hampel Road Storage, for all your student storage needs, you might want to consider having a garage sale in order to rid yourself of items you won’t be needing during the summer or next year. Why store a couch if you’re moving into a fully-furnished apartment? How about extra clothes you don’t need or that kitchen table set your roommate gave you? All of these items can be converted to cold, hard cash you could spend on your travels.
Hampel Road Storage is the best storage company in Moscow Mills. With climate-controlled storage units at various sizes and 24-hour storage access, our storage units are readily accessible when you need them the most. We offer a free moving truck when you rent a storage unit from us, as well as dollies for your heavy items for your use. Need packing and moving supplies? Hampel Road Storage has those too.
Hampel Road Storage aims to be your go-to storage place when you feel the travel itch. With electronic gate access and an on-site manager, you can rest assured your student storage items are safe. Visit our website to find out our storage space prices, and call us today to get started!
MORE REASONS TO INVEST IN STUDENT STORAGE
When you’re mid-semester and all your professors are turning up the heat, you need a peaceful, neat environment to help you focus and do your smarts justice. And by the time spring rolls around, the last thing you need is to be stressing about packing and transporting your stuff while trying to study for finals. A storage unit eliminates stress. You can simply grab the clutter and stow it until you have the mental space to tackle it. You can move out of your dorm, house, or apartment quickly by just taking your stuff to a storage unit and then deciding what to do.
A storage unit gives you flexibility and options that can make all the difference, so here are some ways you can be a storage unit pro.
- You aren’t the only one who’s realized how brilliant it is to store your stuff in a unit, especially over the summer. Storage facilities get booked up quickly, especially in the spring, so get ahead of the curve and reserve your unit earlier in the year.
- Electronics can melt and break down in fluctuating temperatures, so if you’re going to store a sound system, television, or video game system, a climate-controlled unit is very worth it.
- Ventilation makes a big difference, especially for your clothes and mini fridge. Leave space in and around clothing boxes for air. Always keep your mini fridge’s door open.
- Items break down when they aren’t stored correctly. Give blankets and clothes a wash before storing them, and do your research on how to correctly store more specific items.
When you choose Hampel Road Storage, you’ll have peace of mind that your belongings are safe. Contact us in Moscow Mills to learn more!